- Our biofuel farmers are actively working to plant 30,000 seedlings thanks to our donors and assistance from Aid Still Required.
- Our solar program is ramping back up to full health after a retrofit of all of our equipment that took place during the summer and fall of 2013. Customers are enjoying light in their homes and lives are improved by the removal of kerosene lanterns.
- Our impact is increasing dramatically, thousands of households are enjoying electricity and improved income thanks to Sirona's alternative energy programs.
- Strong partnerships with our solar and battery pack manufacturing partners have resulted in better products for our customers.
- Continued support from the IEEE has kept Sirona's equipment functining and allowed us to better service our customers.
- Hundreds of little girls received hand made dresses donated by women of the Episcopal Dioscese of Northern California.
- More than 1,000 children were fed through our loan program to Sirona's biofuel farmers. Sirona donates funds to assist the farmers so that they may expand their garden areas, and those loans are repaid in food to the local schools.
- This fall we began work on a UNEP grant to light 3100 additional homes in 2014-2015 thanks to funding from the Government of Norway. The first of 30 "Depo Eneje" (Energy Stores) will open in January, 2014 and soon after we will deploy a new solar system on Ile à Vache, a small island in southern Haiti.
- We will bring our jatropha oil to market in the spring of 2014 and plant an additional 90,000 seedlings thanks to assistance from Aid Still Required.
- An impact study of our work will be performed in the spring of 2014, we look forward to publishing the results of that study.
- We are looking to expand our work in Haiti and beyond in the coming year.
Our work is possible only through the support of our donors, so from our team, thank you, and best wishes for a happy holiday season and a prosperous new year!